Flu vaccination programme 2021
This year’s flu vaccination programme will commence in September 2021. This website will be updated shortly with full details of how and where the programme will run in Grampian.
All those who are eligible are being urged to take up the offer as soon as possible when invited to protect themselves and others and help the NHS and social care services avoid additional pressure over the winter period.
More people than ever in Scotland will be offered the free flu vaccine to help protect as many lives as possible this winter.
This year, the following groups are eligible for the flu vaccine:
- all those aged 50 years of age and over
- those over 6 months of age with a medical condition which puts them in an ‘at risk’ group such as asthma, diabetes, cystic fibrosis, multiple sclerosis, heart and lung diseases, or autoimmune disorders.
- healthcare workers
- social care workers who deliver direct personal care
- unpaid and young carers
- pregnant women (including those with at risk conditions)
- children aged 2-5 years old (not yet at school)
- primary school children
- secondary school pupils
- NHS independent contractors including GP, dental and optometry practices, community pharmacists and laboratory staff working on COVID-19 testing
- teachers, nursery teachers and support staff in close contact with pupils (in both a local authority and independent setting)
- prison staff and support staff in close contact with the prison population (delivering direct detention services)
- those in the prison population
Copyright © NHS Grampian 2021